My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness.
— André Breton, What is Surrealism?: Selected Writings (via feellng)
Every book holds the seed of a thousand stories. Every sentence can trigger an avalanche of ideas. Mix ideas across books: one thought from Aesop and one line from Chomsky, or a fragment from the IKEA catalog melded with a scrap of dialog from Kerouac. By forcing your mind to connect disparate bits of information, you’ll jump-start your thinking, and you’ll fill in blank after blank with thought after thought. The goblins of creative block have stopped snarling and have been shooed away, you’re dashing down thoughts, and your synapses are clanging away in a symphonic burst of ideas. And if you’re not, whip open another book. Pluck out another sentence. And ponder mash-ups of out-of-context ideas until your mind wanders and you end up in a new place, a place that no one else ever visited.
i just need to keep this GIF
10 Truths to Live By
1. It’s your life not their life.
2. You’re stronger than you think.
3. You’re not the lies you believe about yourself.
4. You’re not your past – and your past is not your future.
5. No-one else is going to solve your problems for you.
6. You have the power to turn your life around.
7. You are worthy of success and you can reach your dreams.
8. Don’t put up with mistreatment and abuse.
9. Treat yourself with respect and require respect from others.
10. Keep searching till you find unconditional love; there are people who will love you just because you are you.
need to read this everyday
Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind and emotions.
— Will Smith (via onlinecounsellingcollege)